[FM Discuss] theora sprint topics....

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Thu Jul 9 15:45:58 PDT 2009

On Fri, Jul 10, 2009 at 00:09, adam hyde<adam at flossmanuals.net> wrote:
> yesterday i met with Jan Gerber to outline possible subjects for the
> theora sprint...some topics might look like this:
> about
> -what is theora?
> -why do you want it?
> -codec basics

I would suggest at least a small discussion on the current state of
patents and licensing etc either here or in an appendix - since
html5/<video> has been announced there is a lot of to-ing and fro-ing
on this topic and where theora and it would be good to have an open
and honest statement about the state of affairs as they stand...

L.
--
"Heh! Power cycling, and percussive treatment; the two most unlikely,
and yet often most successful solutions for technology-related