[Booki-dev] wikibooks to booki-zip via epub

j at mailb.org j at mailb.org
Sat Nov 21 02:30:19 PST 2009

On 11/21/2009 11:23 AM, adam hyde wrote:
> hey
>
> this is very rockn...if a factor in the speed is the network would it
> make sense to see if wikimedia foundation would implement the epub
> generator on their side and we request epubs from them? they might find
> the generator useful for their own needs too. Erik Moeller (WMF) as said
> he would like to work with us more, so this might be a good start to
> that as well.
it might be something to put on there toolserver instead of running it
over network and just expose the epub, would also allow to run the
script of pages of a book changed more easily.
before that it might be necessary to work more on the epub generator.
there are some things that would need improvements, i.e. figuring out if
there is a way to not include the _Print pages.