[Booki-dev] internetarchive/epub/epub.py changes

mccabe at archive.org mccabe at archive.org
Wed Oct 14 21:41:40 PDT 2009

Douglas, all -

I just pushed a large set of changes to the internetarchive/epub git
repository, and I wanted to give you a heads up, lest you pull from the
the tree and break something.

Most of the work was towards adapting the epub generation code to
producing 'daisy' talking book files, suitable for use in text-to-speech
devices.  As it was my second chance at output code, I made some changes,
and later migrated those changes back to the epub generation code.

As such, the API has changed somewhat - mostly in a few method signatures,
but also in the handling of metadata.  I've switched to building
navigation information incrementally, with a stack model - it's worked for
daisy files, but isn't fully baked for epubs.

Mike