[Booki-dev] S3

raj kumar rkumar at archive.org
Mon Oct 12 19:35:51 PDT 2009

Hi Douglas

> And secondly, what would be good values for $accesskey and $secret as
> used on that page?

Answering this question first..
1. Register for a free archive.org account here:
	http://www.archive.org/account/login.createaccount.php
2. If you already have an account, login here:
	http://www.archive.org/account/login.php
3. Copy the $accesskey and $secret from this page:
	http://www.archive.org/account/s3.php

As for test items to splay with, you can create one like this:

     curl --location --header 'x-amz-auto-make-bucket:1' \
          --header 'x-archive-meta01-collection:opensource' \
          --header 'x-archive-meta-mediatype:texts' \
          --header "authorization: LOW $accesskey:$secret" \
          --upload-file /path/to/test.epub \
          http://s3.us.archive.org/douglas-test-item/test.epub

After that, you can upload a second file to the test item:

     curl --location \
          --header "authorization: LOW $accesskey:$secret" \
          --upload-file /path/to/test2.epub \
          http://s3.us.archive.org/douglas-test-item/test2.epub

Hope that helps!
-raj