[Booki-dev] questions

rkumar rkumar at archive.org
Wed Sep 16 13:57:02 PDT 2009

On Wed, 2009-09-16 at 11:57 +0200, adam hyde wrote:
> hey
>
> resending this since there was no reply...
>
> A first set of questions to the archive crew...
>
> * is there anyway to request a list of all books with epubs from the
> archive.org server?

Hi Adam,

As Brewster mentioned, we are now creating epubs on-the-fly. When our
code stabilizes, we will start adding them to our items.

If you go to a book scanned in our Scribe system, you can generate a
link that will produce an epub. The link will have the
form /download/id/id.epub

For example, for this book:
http://www.archive.org/details/lettersfromcatpu00jackiala

You can get the epub here:
http://www.archive.org/download/lettersfromcatpu00jackiala/lettersfromcatpu00jackiala.epub

The books in the Children's Library collection might make a good
starting point:
http://www.archive.org/details/iacl

> * what presence will you give to FM during the 19th and 20th? Do we
> need
> to prepare anything (presentation etc?)

Preparing a presentation would be great! We will try to figure out what
the actual presentation time slot will look like...

-raj