[Booki-dev] [FM Discuss] django challenge

Aleksandar Erkalovic aerkalov at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 15:44:33 PDT 2010

On Sun, Aug 22, 2010 at 4:33 AM, Douglas Bagnall
<douglas at paradise.net.nz> wrote:
> BTW, using 'sputnik' is what our documentation says to do.  We ought
> to change that.  Now that development is stabilising and we have more
> contributors, we should probably start trying to keep 'master' more or
> less up to date, and make short feature branches off that.

i merged changes from bookizip-rome into rome and put it all online.
tomorrow i will handle rssbox branch. external apps, like django-feed,
should not be in lib/booki. will fix all of that tomorrow. also, i have some
things to finish and then i will merge rome with master branch.

i am very happy you guys started to contribute to booki. i already said it to
douglas, it is very good work. but, before we get local booki hotline support
on mailing list i would like if you would contact me first. i am very
friendly guy,
very approachable and very open to fix problems, help and explain :) rome has
different database schema, that is not fully complete, and as such could
never end up in master until all changes are done. also, as something
that is broken, rome was in production with migrated data, to show people
amount of progress we are doing lately. and honestly,  there has been more
changes last couple of weeks then ever. the very same day we have
blog post "how to insert images" we had complete new user interface
for inserting
and editing images inside of booki. things are happening fast lately.
because of that,
and the fact there has been some major changes in the booki last
couple of weeks,
it would be good to talk with others before doing some changes
(especially on the
database level).

anyhoo, more from me soon.

aco