[Booki-dev] [@Doug / @Aco] Issues with publishing the 2nd Edition of "Collaborative Futures"

Mushon Zer-Aviv mushon at shual.com
Fri Jul 2 14:24:51 PDT 2010

Hi guys,

I'm sorry that my first email to the list is me bugging about a bug, but
still...

My name is Mushon Zer-Aviv, I am one of the authors of the Collaborative
Futures <http://www.booki.cc/collaborativefutures/> book.

   1. We are just concluding a rewrite sprint and I'm trying to generate
      the PDF but cannot get the images in there.
      I see this is a known bug and it has been going on for a few
      months now:
      http://booki-dev.flossmanuals.net/ticket/165
      We can't really publish the book until it is fixed, again sorry to
      bug with this, but is there an ETA for closing this?
      *Aco tells me this is currently on his plate

   2. I also have other publishing issues I would love to run by you
      guys. For example the first chapter is not publishing:
      You can see it's there in the html
      <http://www.booki.cc/collaborativefutures/_full/>, but not in the
      PDF
      <http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/collaborativefutures-en-2010.07.02-23.00.16.pdf>.
      Doug, any idea?

   3. We're seeing some weird characters in the book like – and
      ’(see chapter 4)
      It might be due to special characters being copy-pasted from other
      editors
      Is there a way around a tedious search & destroy? Is that possibly
      font specific?

   4. This might be a known issue again (as it was the same case in the
      previous book) but is there a way to not have extra white pages?
      Check page 34, 52,  on
      http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/collaborativefutures-en-2010.07.02-23.00.16.pdf

   5. Any simple way of making sure subheadings are not stuck at the
      bottom of the page (see page 54, 56 & 92
      <http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/collaborativefutures-en-2010.07.02-23.00.16.pdf>),
      or should I enter a page break (how do I do that)?

I'm on IRC, would love to get some pointers.

Let me know if I should turn any of these into tickets.

Thanks for the great work, Booki and Objavi are really awesome, this is
super inspiring to me, really!!!

cheers,

--

Mushon Zer-Aviv