[Booki-dev] Struggling with margins

Mushon Zer-Aviv mushon at shual.com
Mon Jul 19 16:37:04 PDT 2010

Hey guys,

I am trying to publish the final print version of the Collaborative
Futures book and am having a hard time understanding how the margins work.

See:
http://objavi.flossmanuals.net/books/collaborativefutures-en-2010.07.20-01.30.18.pdf

I'm going for an A5 size, if there are any other similar better sizes
let me know, I know the first edition of CF was close but slightly
different.

It seems like the default alignment is not consistent across pages as
left pages have a smaller side-margin than right pages.

See:

I find it hard to debug as I don't have access to the html before it is
sent to Objavi. If I could just Firebug that page before sending and if
I could just understand what are the default margins that are sent to
Objavi my life could've been made much easier.

I am also working with px and pt measures which I am not sure how to
translate to the mm or inches of the printed PDF, any tips there?

Your help will be much appreciated,

--

Mushon Zer-Aviv
ע Shual.com <http://shual.com> - design studio