[Booki-dev] Problems installing Booki on Fedora 11

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 20:21:31 PDT 2010

Douglas,

I had figured out what you had in this email earlier today.  What I
did was to set up an entry for 'ip address:8000' as you described.
That helped, but it seems to stall after asking Booki for the
booki-zip.  When I put the URL OBJAVI uses in a web browser it does
download the booki-zip, so I don't know what's happening.  The logs
don't show an error.

I don't mind config.py.  Freevo, which I've been using for years, does
the same thing.

I think I might be using an older version of redis.  I'll have to
check that in the morning, and also the location of the cache
directory.  Fedora doesn't ship redis.

I'm OK with turning off SELinux and running out of home directories.
I just need something I can demo at work.  Later I can work on making
it nice, as long as I know how to make it work.

Assuming that OBJAVI can download the booki-zip, where does it put the file?

Thanks,

James Simmons