[Booki-dev] Problems installing Booki on Fedora 11

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Tue Oct 26 19:55:24 PDT 2010

On 26/10/10 05:32, James Simmons wrote:

> Adam,
>
> I figured out how to disable SELinux and that seems to have helped a
> lot.  I also moved my "book", "cache" and "tmp" directories under
> htdocs in the objavi source directory (the instructions don't make it
> clear where these directories should go but this looks right).

'cache' is by default not under htdocs, but the others are.  You can find
these things out with lines like:

grep cache objavi/config.py

Not that you should have known that of course.  Thanks for reporting all
these documentation holes.

>  Now
> I'm having troubles actually running the PDF export, and they look
> very similar to what I saw when I tried to run the booki copy of
> OBJAVI 2.  I see this message in the error log for OBJAVI:
>
> fetching zip from
> http://10.239.17.123/booki-twiki-gateway.cgi?server=en.flossmanuals.net&book=introduction-to-bounce&mode=zip

It shouldn't be trying booki-twiki-gateway.cgi.  This bug is a legacy of
Objavi pre-existing Booki and assuming everything is a Floss Manuals
style TWiki server, unless informed otherwise.  It should now assume Booki.

what do you see if you follow the link?  It will be logging to
/var/log/apache/error.log or something similar.

Douglas