[Booki-dev] ToDo List and Sidebar Tabs Patches

Brendan Howell brendan at howell-ersatz.com
Mon Sep 27 13:40:05 PDT 2010

  Hi Aco et al,

I had my first Booki hacking session about two weeks back with Adam,
here in Berlin.  It was really quite pleasant.  I was surprised that I
actually had a very easy time getting into the code and making things
happen.  It's not perfect but it certainly seems like a nice code base
to hack on and I think you guys have made some smart architectural
decisions.  Cheers for nice code!

I do have to apologise for taking so long to send these patches in but
they are attached to this mail.  Please give them a look over and let me
know if they seem ok.  Aside from any obvious mistakes, I'm especially
interested in knowing if I have done anything that does not fit with
your coding conventions.

To make this stuff work, I'm going to need the following bits on the
Django side and I'm not quite sure where I should start or if you even
want me mucking around with the models.  The model looks something like
this:

todo:
   Title - String
   Description - String
   Done - Boolean
   id - Integer or UUID

A book has a one-to-many relation to the ToDos but you probably have
thought about that.  Adam and I discussed it and we thought that it
would only complicate things to have ToDos attached to chapters or any
smaller elements.

The queries would be something like this:
     get_todos(done="False") - returns a list of ToDo items
     add_todo(title, description) - returns the Id
     update_todo(id, title, description) - returns status Ok/Err
     mark_todo_done(id) - returns status Ok/Err
     mark_todo_undone(id) - returns status Ok/Err

I hope this all makes sense, I would really like to have this feature
wrapped up this week if possible.

best,
-Brendan

--