[Booki-dev] Comments on Booki

Aleksandar Erkalovic aerkalov at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 15:30:21 PDT 2010

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Alexandre Quessy <alexandre at quessy.net> wrote:
> to Debian. Also, Debian only accepts Python packages that are stable.
> That should give us a few months. :)

well, booki is still not stable. mostly on the database level. same
basic stuff (like metadata and etc...) still
needs to be changed. so basicly, having debian (or any other package)
at this moment would be contra productive
if someone installs it, we will have to provide migration scripts for
his data and etc... that is pain in the ass for me :)
i do quick scripts on the production server, but i don't want to make
official migration scripts for now. and i don't
want to answer to questions like "i installed everything on sqlite,
why is migration script now working! buu buuu i
spend 2 weeks on my book, you guys suck!".

but, like you said. that will give us more then enough time to fix all
the things needed for good debian packaging.

aco

--
 http://www.binarni.net/