[Booki-dev] [Booki and Objavi Development] #420: hyphenation

Luka Frelih luka at ljudmila.org
Fri Apr 22 07:27:29 PDT 2011

On 22. 04. 2011 07:04, Booki and Objavi Development wrote:
> #420: hyphenation
> -------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
>   Reporter:  adam         |       Owner:
>       Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
>
> Comment (by adam):
>
>   Luka - do you think we should try a hard hyphen? We can replace it with :
>
>   <script src="Hyphenator.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
>   <script type="text/javascript">
>           Hyphenator.config({hyphenchar : '-'});
>           Hyphenator.run();
>   </script>
>
>   https://code.google.com/p/hyphenator/wiki/en_PublicAPI#property_hyphenchar

i fear that would insert hyphens in all legal positions, not just all
needed positions.
as i don't know really how the hyphenator works, might be wrong...
but my suspicion is it inserts the soft hyphens everywhere and the
browser then splits the lines appropriately.

so we should try, but i'm not keeping my hopes up.

LF