[Booki-dev] Installing objavi

Jean-Noël Rivasseau elvanor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 13:29:40 PDT 2011

Hello,

I managed to install Booki and we wrote two books using the system (we
just used the development Django server for that, it was enough). Now
we would like to output our results and have a PDF + a templated HTML
output.

I am having real problems setting up Objavi. First I wanted Objavi to
be served by lighttpd but I had problems. I switched to Apache and I
have gotten further, but now I am stuck when I run objavi.cgi on a web
browser. The following appears on the objavi.log:

getting booklist:
http://valinor.kameleoon.net:8000/bin/view/TWiki/WebLeftBarWebsList?skin=text
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/srv/net.kameleoon/booki-kameleoon/objavi2/htdocs/objavi.cgi",
line 453, in <module>
    main()
  File "/srv/net.kameleoon/booki-kameleoon/objavi2/htdocs/objavi.cgi",
line 446, in main
    output_function(args)
  File "/srv/net.kameleoon/booki-kameleoon/objavi2/objavi/cgi_utils.py",
line 219, in output
    content = f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/srv/net.kameleoon/booki-kameleoon/objavi2/htdocs/objavi.cgi",
line 156, in mode_form
    'book_options': optionise(twiki_wrapper.get_book_list(server),
default=book),
  File "/srv/net.kameleoon/booki-kameleoon/objavi2/objavi/twiki_wrapper.py",
line 50, in get_book_list
    f = urlopen(url)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 126, in urlopen
    return _opener.open(url, data, timeout)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 398, in open
    response = meth(req, response)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 511, in http_response
    'http', request, response, code, msg, hdrs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 436, in error
    return self._call_chain(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 370, in _call_chain
    result = func(*args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/urllib2.py", line 519, in http_error_default
    raise HTTPError(req.get_full_url(), code, msg, hdrs, fp)
urllib2.HTTPError: HTTP Error 404: NOT FOUND

I dont know why it tries to access our Booki server at this URL. With
the other FLOSS manuals server it was the same error, eg a 404 on that
page. I really dont understand why it's trying to do things with a
Twiki. I would just like to see the normal objavi.cgi page appears...

Anyone can help? I am really stuck...

By the way, both espri.cgi and booki-twiki-gateway.cgi produce normal
HTML pages as expected....

Thanks