[Booki-dev] lulu api dev

adam adam at flossmanuals.net
Fri Sep 9 02:44:02 PDT 2011

hey

just a quickie to start a conversation.

Tuukka is starting dev soon to get Booki working with lulu.com so things
can be automagically uploaded to a users lulu account.
http://developer.lulu.com/docs/read/publishing

We really want to have this in place for the GSoC event (oct 17-21). It
would pay for the three of you to discuss this since i think the dev
will effect everyone. It makes most sense to me that the dev is mostly
on Objavi. Objavi is the publishing engine and if we build in this
service it is available also to apps that might want to use objavi. I
know of one app at the moment that is considering this which doesnt say
anything other than to show that its not just about objavi-booki all the
time but objavi is something in itself and should be considered as such.

if we did it this way we need to work out how objavi and booki would
communicate. it could be, for example, that objavi provides an iframe
form for booki and all the processing happens like that. it could be
that there is a more complex set up with a real objavi api.

whatever it is we need to work it out. i was hoping most of the dev by
Tuukka could take place before the fm meet up and then perhaps for a day
of that meet you 3 could work on the objavi->booki connect together...

anyways...opening this up now for your thoughts...

Founder, FLOSS Manuals
Project Manager, Booki
Book Sprint Facilitator
mobile :+ 49 177 4935122