[FM Discuss] kompozer manual discussion

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu Nov 1 10:41:23 PDT 2007

hey Ben,

> As Simon said, I'm trying to write up my PhD at the moment, trying to
> finish up before our first baby arrives (due the 15th of
> December)(gulp!). So, I was thinking it would be best for me to rework
> it in bits and pieces as I can fit it in, rather than go at it all at once.

man, thats busy! PhD and a baby...all you need now is move house and
change jobs...

> I must admit, I've never used Kompozer, but I'm installing it now and
> will have a snoop around. I would think that most of the tutorial can
> stand as it is.

It seems to be pretty close to NvU. A slightly cleaner interface
perhaps, or is that my newly upgraded debian icons? Its hard to tell
sometimes.

> I'm guessing that all that's needed is minor edits, and
> updated screen shots, changing the bits that relate to CSS bugs, etc.

I also think this is the case. How would you feel if I helped out in
this too? I'd actually like to add more screenshots in general if taht
works for you. I'm a bit of a screenshot fetishist, it keeps me happy
and busy.

> So, not too big a job really.  Id it OK just to get at it, and finish
> when we finish, or  is that too loose ?

sounds perfect.

> In any event, what is needed for me to start ?  I'll have a go at seeing
> what needs to be changed over the next few days, and then I'll get too it.

All you need to do is create a FM account:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/register

as I don't think you have one yet?

I created a Kompozer manual, copying all the Kompozer files and
replacing any instance of 'NvU' with 'Kompozer':
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/Kompozer

You can change this as much as you like with no fear of disturbing the
current NvU manual.

For pointers on using FM you might want to check out the manual on FM:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/FLOSSManuals

I am always around, or not too far away if you want to skype
(esetqualia) about it or irc chat etc