[FM Discuss] tracking doc requests

Anne Gentle annegentle at gmail.com
Wed Jul 9 08:04:09 PDT 2008

Hi again all,
I don't know if it's appropriate to use this list to discuss specifics of
one set of books, but you all may have insights that I don't.

I've looked through the Trac system at http://dev.laptop.org/ to see if it
could be used to submit and track documentation requests.

Yep, you probably already knew it is possible to use Trac for doc requests.
Here's an example doc request for Document process of how firmware is built
and released (http://dev.laptop.org/ticket/6090).

So, if standard naming was used, a standard report could be run to get all
Document requests out of Trac. Is this standard likely to be known and used,
though? I'm not sure.

I think the Trac system would likely be too much signal to noise for doc
requests ( i.e., lots more dev requests than doc requests), and a wiki page
would be a better collection area for doc requests and for people to "sign
up" for those doc requests. So, keep using
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/DocumentationTeam for documentation requests
and to keep a record of known starting documents. I'm watching the page and
will make updates there as well.

Let me know if that sounds amenable to all.
Thanks,
Anne