[FM Discuss] book shop

Joshua Facemyer jfacemyer at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 09:03:12 PDT 2008

Anne Gentle wrote:
> Hi Adam and all -
> I think an FM book store would be a helpful setup and would benefit
> contributors and Floss. I think it's ideal to have all profits go back
> to the projects being documented with some set aside for Floss also.

I agree.  However, I want to be sure of the continuance of FM, and I
think even a small bit of "profit" should be made on each book.  (If
there's an issue of not wanting to "make a profit", it's probably better
to think of it as maintaining services.)  So even something like a 1%
profit that benefits especially FM would be desirable for continuance of
services.  Unless there's something I'm missing and providing FM
services is already either self-sufficient or free?

JF