[FM Discuss] FM Board

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu Sep 18 22:32:35 PDT 2008

hi,

I am pleased to announce that Stichting FLOSS Manuals now has a new
Foundation Board. The Board consists of :
Rene Post - Chair
Eric Kluitenberg - Secretary
Sacha van Geffen - Treasurer

Last night we met to ratify the positions and I feel very honored that
these very experienced and inspirational persons have agreed to be on
the Board.

This is an important step for FM and signals a maturing of the
organisation.

The board is in place for governance - to oversee the foundation, making
sure everything is working according to the stated aims and required
tax and foundation laws.

Additionally the board will assist with the development of the vision of
the organisation.

While the board is there for governance, the operational management is
as it is always has been and I will continue to focus on building the FM
community, content, reputation, and platform. The good news is that
there is now an excellent Foundation Board to draw on to discuss issues
of strategy and the overall direction of FM.

I will post a general announcement to the FM blog
(http://www.flossmanuals.net/blog) but I thought it important to
announce it here first.

Founder FLOSS Manuals
http://www.flossmanuals.net