[FM Discuss] New Manual (Art of Illusion)

Johan Delport johandelport24 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 15 02:55:48 PDT 2009

Hi everyone

I recently came across a brilliant little program called Art of Illusion. It is the most easy Open Source 3D program I've used so far. Blender is also a very versatile design program and consists of a lot of advance tools, unfortunately its interface makes it not the most easy program to use. Some of the buttons are so small that I can't even read their text and I've experienced a lot of problems with the display on different computers.

Anyway, what do you think about creating a manual for Art of Illusion? There is a downloadable manual on www.artofillusion.org, but it is a very large download. So, I've thought that perhaps we can start a tutorial manual that focusses more on using the program hands-on instead of a manual having pages and pages of long descriptions about the different tools and features. We can include descriptions of tools etc. inside of every tutorial. This way it makes it easier to learn how to use the program instead of reading all the descriptions over a lot of pages at once.

Johan