[FM Discuss] New Manual (Art of Illusion)

Tomi Toivio tomi at flossmanuals.net
Tue Aug 18 01:44:53 PDT 2009

Hi,

This sounds great to me too.

I have been translating the Blender manual and noticed that it is very hard
to make 3D models. Basically we could have a workshop that trains users to
use Blender as such, but it would still take a long time to learn how to
actually make something that looks like a real object...

Or maybe I am just really bad in 3D modeling. ;)

Regards
Tomi

2009/8/15 Johan Delport <johandelport24 at yahoo.com>

> Hi everyone
>
> I recently came across a brilliant little program called Art of Illusion.
> It is the most easy Open Source 3D program I've used so far. Blender is also
> a very versatile design program and consists of a lot of advance tools,
> unfortunately its interface makes it not the most easy program to use. Some
> of the buttons are so small that I can't even read their text and I've
> experienced a lot of problems with the display on different computers.
>
> Anyway, what do you think about creating a manual for Art of Illusion?
> There is a downloadable manual on www.artofillusion.org, but it is a very
> large download. So, I've thought that perhaps we can start a tutorial
> manual that focusses more on using the program hands-on instead of a
> manual having pages and pages of long descriptions about the different tools
> and features. We can include descriptions of tools etc. inside of every
> tutorial. This way it makes it easier to learn how to use the program
> instead of reading all the descriptions over a lot of pages at once.
>
> Johan

Best Regards
Tomi Toivio
Open Source Coordinator