[FM Discuss] calling all theora geeks

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Wed Jul 8 01:58:41 PDT 2009

hihi,

A few weeks ago FM was invited to do a sprint on any topic in Berlin
(August). I picked Ogg Theora as its something we really need to
document especially as its going to become much more popular now that
Firefox 3.5 supports it natively.

I thought we could cover a lot of theora tools and how to embed
etc...some topics might include :
linphone & ekiga (support theora video conferencing)
theora streaming studio
ffmpeg2theora
ogg tools
embedding in ff
pivitv

but thats just for starters...

So, Leslie Hawthorn (Google) has kindly found us a little $ in her
budget and we have some travel and accommodation money :) Its a very
little but enough to get a good team here, although there is not enough
for fees.

So, the sprint is August 10-15 in Berlin. I have invited Mako Hill, and
Jan Gerber. If you don't know these guys, they are both really cool -
Mako does about a million things, possibly he is best known for being
the author of the official Ubuntu guide, and Jan is the hacker behind
the ffmpeg2theora tools and other theora projects.Jan has confirmed and
I'm waiting to hear from Mako.

I would really like to get Monty, the lead dev for theora here, so I
will follow this up. Also, I hope Yorn who documented a lot of the Ogg
Tools would put his hand up to attend...Yorn?

if there is anyone else that would like to come then let me know. I am
trying to draw people from the EU since the $ are low, but it is
possible to consider further afield depending on interest.

Anyways, big thanks to Google...anyone wanna come and play in berlin for
a week?

:)

Founder FLOSS Manuals
German mobile : + 49 15 2230 54563