[FM Discuss] feedback about CiviCRM

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu Jul 16 15:39:47 PDT 2009

ola,

some comments the CiviCRM people received regarding the CiviCRM/FM book
(created last month in a Book Sprint):

=================
"I received the following feedback from a potential CiviCRM user who was
reading our book. She had some basic questions and she used the
Organization information in the Examples section to send an email to the
AFSC's general information address. That email was forwarded to me.

After I answered her questions, giving CiviCRM glowing reviews of course
J I asked her what she thought about the book. This is what she said:

"And I would like to say, if by book you mean the website
http://en.flossmanuals.net/CiviCRM, I thought it was very helpful and
really well organized so wonderful job there".

When I read her comment I immediately thought of all of you and wanted
you to be a part of what I was feeling, which was pretty proud of all
the work that we did. It feels really good to know that people are
actually referencing it and that at least for some, it is helpful. "

Cynthia Tarascio, Book Sprint Participant
===================

"I've also gotten some very positive feedback from folks on IRC. We are
frequently referring folks to it on the forum when it's clear they need
"the big picture".

Dave Greenberg, CiviCRM founder and sprint participant
=====================

"I actually received some feedback recently that I’ve been meaning to
send out to the group. I was contacted by someone who was in the process
of implementing Civi and needed some assistance (he’s already begun
implementation). He mentioned having read significant portions of the
book, and was particularly impressed with some of the early chapters
that dealt with project management, identifying key players, etc. He
said he took a step back to rethink how he approached some aspects of
the project after reading those sections."

Brian Shaughnessy, Book Sprint Participant
=========================

"I met someone from Greennet recently (an ethical UK ISP) at a London
Net Tuesday event.  He was a developer who was doing his first
development with a client and said he found the book super useful in
getting to know the system.  He said that he learnt loads about Civi
through the book and was really grateful to have access to it.

I've also seen 3 copies of it out and about on my travels - and watched
2 people buy it online (and I didn't pressure them into buying it -
honest!)"

Michael McAndrew, Book Sprint Participant

Founder FLOSS Manuals
German mobile : + 49 15 2230 54563
Email : adam at flossmanuals.net
irc: irc.freenode.net #flossmanuals