[FM Discuss] FLOSS Manuals on Valo-CD

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Mon Jul 27 02:43:47 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-07-27 at 12:05 +0300, Tomi Toivio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We now have an opportunity to distribute translated FLOSS Manuals with
> Valo-CD (http://www.valo-cd.fi/), a Finnish distribution of localized
> FLOSS software. We will not make it to the next one that will be
> published in August, but the one that comes after that later this
> year.

cool!

> There were a few questions...
>
> - Does FLOSS Manuals have any collaboration with Wikibooks?

i know a few people involved and have spoken at length with some of the
more active members. on top of that, I will present at wikimania during
a panel. but thats about as far as any organisational collaboration goes
with wikibooks so far...would love to extend it, they are great people.

> - What is the status of the Ubuntu manual (Finnish Ubuntu manual is
> available for wikification...)?

i dont think much is moving on that front at the moment

> - What did it take to get the online bookshop running, we should
> probably have one here as well?

if you mean the embeded bookstore, you will have one with the finnish fm
when i get to the localisation. if you mean the lulu bookstore, then
maybe the finnish FM needs to set up its own...

> Our first public appearance is next week and fi.flossmanuals.net has
> not been localized, I am a bit worried here. Maybe we need to cancel
> it.

dont worry, it will be done in time

adam