[FM Discuss] funny website behavior

Lachlan Musicman datakid at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 16:31:15 PDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 05:45, Bill
McConnaughey<mcconnau at biochem.wustl.edu> wrote:
> Due to paranoia I like to unplug the ethernet when I am not actually using
> it.  I have noticed that when firefox has loaded your website and then I
> I know next to nothing about how networks work. Can anybody shed some
> light on this?

I don't know enough to be able to help heaps, but I do know that the
following would also help analysis:

version of firefox
plugins you have enabled
Operating System (linux I presume, since you are using top)

cheers
L.

--
The way to get from what the mathematicians call a local maximum to
the global maximum is to explore a lot of fruitless minima along the

echoing my thoughts, as planted by Cohen and Stewart's The Collapse of
Chaos. I think.