[FM Discuss] workbooks

mick fuzz mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Mon Jul 27 13:12:14 PDT 2009

On Mon, Jul 27, 2009 at 7:56 PM, Martin Kean<MARTINK at tekotago.ac.nz> wrote:
> I'm interested, I'll ask my students to think of some exercises for the Digital Foundations manual.
> Also, I have funding for a Digital Foundations newspaper, which I'm planning on formatting directly from a narrow-column Objavi PDF.
> Martin
> _______________________________

Me too,

I think for me it would be audio podcasting that's what i've been
doing mostly this year
 with 2 groups in mind

* da yoof - see http://sosradio.org.uk
* community groups  - see http://vespr.co.uk

I'm quite proud of these two groups - we've been having a lot of fun.

The software would be

* Audacity
* Wordpress
* Archive.org

And the non software stuff would be

* Working out your message and finding your voice
* How you organise as a group
* How you'll do your promotion

There are some useful bits up here too to do with this.

http://en.flossmanuals.net/AudioProduction/Introduction
http://en.flossmanuals.net/CitizenJournalism/Introduction

and i've made a start on a 5 week course here for the young person's radio
http://en.flossmanuals.net/AudioProduction/WeekInternetRadioWeekCourse

All in all I think there's a lot of stuff that is useful to create a
Workbook - and would looove someone else to cast a critical eye on it.

I can't really do much more than i've done above for a week or so
as i'm on holiday
but after that I can put in quite a bit of time.

So if someone else were to take up the lead then I could support them
by writing missing materials when they find them.

Mick