[FM Discuss] translation workflow

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Sun Mar 15 10:41:28 PDT 2009

hi,

We are working on the Digital Foundations translation sprint (at
eyebeam, nyc). Its a mini-sprint (1 day) to get a start on translation
to spanish but we also have some people working on .de and .pt and
someone coming in this afternoon to look at Hebrew. We wont get it all
done but we will get a good start.

i thought i would make a few notes here for other translation
teams/projects.

So...we have found that babelfish does an alright translation of the
chapters. Hence our workflow is like this :
1. copy the URL of the chapter in READ (npot write) into babelfish
(doing it this way means you get images in the final output whereas
other workflows drop the images and just leave confusing text