[FM Discuss] Fwd: [OpenSourceAdvocatesforObama] FW: Rep Conyers open source legislation

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 03:06:06 PDT 2009

Another likely topic.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Brent Turner <brent at trealestate.net>
Date: Mon, Feb 2, 2009 at 10:12 PM
Subject: [OpenSourceAdvocatesforObama] FW: Rep Conyers open source legislation
To: Open Source Advocates for Obama
<OpenSourceAdvocatesforObama at groups.barackobama.com>

H.R.105 : To protect voting rights and to improve the administration
of Federal elections, and for other purposes.

Sponsor: Rep Conyers, John, Jr. [MI-14] (introduced 1/6/2009)
Cosponsors (5)
Committees: House Judiciary; House Administration; House Oversight and
Government Reform
Latest Major Action: 1/6/2009 Referred to House committee. Status:
Referred to the Committee on the Judiciary, and in addition to the
Committees on House Administration, and Oversight and Government
Reform, for a period to be subsequently determined by the Speaker, in
each case for consideration of such provisions as fall within the
jurisdiction of the committee concerned.

COSPONSORS(5), ALPHABETICAL [followed by Cosponsors withdrawn]:
(Sort: by date)

Rep Cohen, Steve [TN-9] - 1/6/2009

Rep Gutierrez, Luis V. [IL-4] - 1/8/2009

Rep Jackson-Lee, Sheila [TX-18] - 1/6/2009

Rep Nadler, Jerrold [NY-8] - 1/6/2009

Rep Wexler, Robert [FL-19] - 1/6/2009

`SEC. 299F. STANDARDS FOR PUBLICLY AVAILABLE OPEN SOURCE SOFTWARE IN
VOTING MACHINES.

`The Commission shall establish standards for the software used in
voting machines for elections for Federal offices, including standards
to ensure that all such software is open source software which may be
accessible for inspection by the public.'.

(B) CLERICAL AMENDMENT- The table of contents for subtitle E of title
II of such Act, as added and amended by this Act, is amended by adding
at the end the following new item:

`Sec. 299F. Standards for publicly available open source software in
voting machines.'.

(b) Standards for Conducting Recounts-

(1) IN GENERAL- Subtitle C of title III of such Act, as added and
amended by this Act, is amended by adding at the end the following new
section:

This email was sent to 203 members of Open Source Advocates for Obama
This email was sent from Brent Turner brent at trealestate.net
Listserv email address: OpenSourceAdvocatesforObama at groups.barackobama.com
Your reply will be sent to: OpenSourceAdvocatesforObama at groups.barackobama.com
Unsubscribe or change your email settings:
http://my.barackobama.com/page/group/OpenSourceAdvocatesforObama/listserv-unsub

And Children are my nation.
http://earthtreasury.net/ (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)