[FM Discuss] WinterCamp ToDo Wrapup

mick at mcin.net mick at mcin.net
Mon Mar 16 12:47:54 PDT 2009

> in the Teaching Inkscape with FM Inkscape manual. I currently do computer
> training/teaching mostly with the traditional MS Office Aps, but I would
> love to develop a training scheme for Open Sourced alternatives to
> commercial software and since discovering Floss Manuals are especially

hi there

It would be great to have you as part of the newly formed Floss
manuals educators group.

We've got a little sublist and are looking at the best way of adding
teaching materials, and learners activities to existing FM manuals.

People should shout to me directly if you want to get subscribed to
that email list for educators. I'll get you added.

Also I'm looking at trying to deliver courses using FM as a base for
documents as well. This will probably involve the use of Remix. And
meta manuals in the Doing things with Free Software Series.

Here's on i'm working on
http://en.flossmanuals.net/VideoProduction/Introduction

With links to some of the Exercises used for teaching / learning activities.
http://en.flossmanuals.net/VideoProduction/WorkingOutYourIdeaExercises
http://en.flossmanuals.net/VideoProduction/PlanningAVideoExercises
http://en.flossmanuals.net/VideoProduction/RecordingSoundExercises

> interested in the use of FM manuals as a Teaching Tool.  So if there is
> anything I can do to help with the To-Do item looking at teaching Inkscapw
> wth the FM manual, please let me know.

Maybe you'd be up for looking at the Inkscape manual and trying do
design a learner activity and thinking where best to place it within
the FM repository.

niceone!
Mick