[FM Discuss] Beyond manuals

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Tue Mar 24 13:48:39 PDT 2009

On Tue, 2009-03-24 at 13:11 -0500, Janet Swisher wrote:

> What do you see as lacking about the OpenOffice documentation? There
> is a very active documentation project for OpenOffice, so I don't see
> duplicating their efforts as a good use of FM resources. Better to
> provide feedback so they can improve what they've got. Or is this a
> licensing issue?

nono, its not a licensing issue. I generally believe that there is no
such thing as too much documentation. A FM OOo manual would be a
different tone to the current OO Authors manual.

The tone interests me a lot actually. Both the circumvention manual and
the command line manual have a very friendly voice, and I'm wondering
how much of that is a product of the type of community writing effort we
are encouraging.

adam