[FM Discuss] [FM Tech] FM in Safari Books

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Tue Mar 24 17:02:55 PDT 2009

adam hyde wrote:

> the syntax is:
> http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/[manual]/_all?skin=basic

Just one thing to add: the ?skin=basic bit also works for individual
chapters, and this is perhaps easier for docbook conversion, because
each page can become a <section/>. (example:
http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/CommandLineIntro/Piping?skin=basic)

For that, it would be useful to have a url for a simple TOC list, a bit
like an easier to parse version of this:

http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/CommandLineIntro/_index?skin=basic

BTW, I had a bit more of a look, and it seems like most of the XSLT
failures I got were caused by &nbsp and tables.  The tables cause
endless recursion in the stylesheet, while the nbsp entities are unknown
 outside of html.  Do we actually need them?  (At last count, the
command line manual had 383  s, mostly to double space at the break
between sentences; the farsi circumvention manual has 274, often for
layout).

douglas