[FM Discuss] OOo book? (was Re: Beyond manuals)

Edward Cherlin echerlin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 27 13:03:12 PDT 2009

This got held up in a crash, it appears.

On Tue, Mar 24, 2009 at 2:44 PM, Jay Maechtlen <techwriter at covad.net> wrote:
> there have been a  book or two on OpenOffice, but not updated.

I see 11 of them at Amazon. Six have the Look Inside feature,
including the OOo ones. We can all take a look, and decide whether our
take would be enough different. I would not like to cover Write,
Impress, Draw, Spreadsheet, and Database in one sprint.

Open Office .org 3 WRITER Guide: OpenOffice.org 3.0, 548 pages by OOo
AuthorsTeam (Paperback - Feb 9, 2009)
Price:  	$27.95

Getting Started with Open Office .org 3.0: OpenOffice.org v3.0, 428
pages by OOo AuthorsTeam (Paperback - Oct 28, 2008)
4.8 out of 5 stars (4)
Price:  	$19.95

Beginning OpenOffice 3: From Novice to Professional (Beginning from
Novice to Professional) by Andy Channelle (Paperback - Dec 8, 2008)
5.0 out of 5 stars (2)

OpenOffice.org for Dummies by Gurdy Leete, Ellen Finkelstein, and Mary
Leete (Paperback - Dec 10, 2003)
3.5 out of 5 stars (8)

Getting Started with OpenOffice.org 2.0 by OOoAuthors team (Paperback
- Mar 28, 2006)
3.8 out of 5 stars (4)

OOoSwitch: 501 Things You Want to Know About Switching To
OpenOffice.org from Microsoft Office by Tamar E. Granor, Scott Carr,
and Sam Hiser (Paperback - Sep 2003) - Illustrated
5.0 out of 5 stars (6)

The OpenOffice.org 2 Guidebook by Solveig Haugland (Paperback - Dec 10, 2006)
4.5 out of 5 stars (10)

A Conceptual Guide to OpenOffice.org 3 by R. Gabriel Gurley (Paperback
- Aug 29, 2008)

A Conceptional [sic] GUIDE to Open Office. org 3 by R. Gabriel Gurley
(Paperback - Dec 10, 2008)

OpenOffice.org Macros Explained by Andrew Pitonyak and Andrew Pitonyak
(Paperback - Aug 1, 2004) - Illustrated
4.2 out of 5 stars (6)

OpenOffice.org 3.0 - Open Office Suite - Microsoft Office Alternative
for Windows with Bonus eBooks by Open Source Software (CD-ROM)
2.5 out of 5 stars (2)

And Children are my nation.
http://earthtreasury.net/ (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)