[FM Discuss] Blog announcement of FSF sprint

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Mon Mar 16 19:27:06 PDT 2009

A friend put up his own blog about FM and the Boston sprint:

http://www.teleread.org/2009/03/16/the-floss-manual-project-easy-to-understand-guidance-on-linux-and-apps/

I asked him to update a few details. We still seem to be in a start-up phase where every mention of FM is worth sharing on this list; I hope we get to the point where mentions on the Web become so commonplace that they're not worth sharing.

But I'd like you to know about TeleRead anyway. David was promoting the idea of low-cost PCs and free textbooks for many years, way back in the mid-90s. He's a visionary to whom very few people paid attention.

Andy