[FM Discuss] command line manual

Andy Oram andyo at oreilly.com
Mon Mar 23 06:23:09 PDT 2009

I just talked to my boss. He shows serious interest in what FLOSS Manuals and the FSF accomplished on the book sprint. He couldn't come because he was out of town (O'Reilly Emerging Technology Conference). But he's glad Adam is talking to our tools people about converting books for Safari, and he asked me to fill him and other managers in at O'Reilly.

There are two ways I hope this goes:

* FLOSS Manuals puts books on Safari and gets a little income from them. (The income is very modest, but could mean something for a non-profit.)

* O'Reilly sponsors book sprints and makes the results open.

Meanwhile, I have an even larger topic for which I'll start a new thread.

Andy