[FM Discuss] Code formatting (was Re: status on Sugar Guide for 0.84)

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Thu Mar 26 20:15:10 PDT 2009

If you look through the history on the chapter, it used PRE tags originally.
For some reason the Objavi PDF creator didn't generate PDF properly with the
python code. We're working on that issue but the workaround for now would be
images instead of text. Ideally, someone could make screenshots in the
actual Sugar interface showing what the code looks like in Sugar - Ed, are
you up for that?

Again, images for code snippets are only a temporary workaround. They are
not ideal of course. I unthinkingly just put the HTML code into a browser
and took a screenshot of that, instead of making it a monospaced font. Feel
free to change the images as you see fit.
Thanks,
Anne

On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:06 PM, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 10:09 AM, Walter Bender <walter.bender at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I'm looking at the Modify Sugar chapter. Do we really need to use a
> > variable-width font for code snippets? If so, this is a serious bug.
> > It makes it much more difficult to make the connection between the
> > actual experience using the command line and what you see in the
> > manual.  How did the Command Line manual cope with this?
>
> Code lines can be in Formatted style, which uses the <pre> tag in
> HTML. Otherwise, for inline code, somebody has to go into the HTML to
> change fonts. We could put that as another style on the toolbar at
> some point.
>
> > -walter
>
> --
> Silent Thunder (默雷/धर्ममेघशब्दगर्ज/دھرممیگھشبدگر ج) is my name
> And Children are my nation.
> The Cosmos is my dwelling place, The Truth my destination.
> http://earthtreasury.net/ (Edward Mokurai Cherlin)

Anne Gentle
email: annegentle at justwriteclick.com
blog: www.justwriteclick.com