[FM Discuss] Call out for Drupal Video documentation sprint remote collaboration 21st to the 23rd of May
mickfuzz at clearerchannel.org
Tue May 19 06:13:24 PDT 2009
==Call out for Drupal Video documentation sprint remote collaboration==
Join us on the 21st to the 23rd of May 2009 for and exciting sprint
into the world of Drupal and Video. This event is a small physical
meet up which hopefully will be supported by the Drupal world and the
commmunity of open source documentation writers.
// Aims : The aims are bold but simple
Create great documentation to
* Set up and Drupal site to do Video sharing and aggregation (using a
peru project as a base)
* Support moderators use such a site to input feeds and moderate content
* Help for end users viewing and uploading video
// Scope: The area which are concentration on are
* Creating a video content type using Embedded Media CCK
* Transcoding uploaded video
* Displaying your video contents using views and media players
* Aggregating video content using Feed Api (and feed api mapper)
* How to best syndicate your video content
* How to moderate your video content effectively
// Method: How will we work?
We'll use the wiki of the Transmission network as a collaborative
space for documenting our process. Then when we're agreed on the best
way to explain the process we'll migrate the completed documentation
to the Drupal website and also into the supercool Flossmanuals system.
We are asking members of the Drupal, Flossmanuals and Transmission
network to get involved.
We'll allocate chapters or processes to you to write, or if you're
confident you can just get stuck in completing chapters that you can
see need writing.
Join us from 19:00 hrs 21st May - 17:00hrs 23rd May (all times GMT)
on IRC irc.freenode.net #transmission.cc and #flossmanuals
or just register and log into the Flossmanuals.net system and use the
IRC chat there.
// What is a Documentation Sprint?
Documentation Sprints are an intensive working period with many
writers collaborating over a fixed period of time. FLOSS Manuals is
designing the technology and methodology to make these sprints
effective and efficient short bursts of 3-5 days. Collaborators are in
real space or working remotely and communicating by the FLOSS Manuals
toolset and IRC (Internet Relay Chat).
* Video on a previous Transmission drupal gathering (meeting in UK)
* Video on Flossmanuals (meeting in Amsterdam)
More information about the Discuss