[FM Discuss] things i hate...

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Wed Oct 7 06:04:06 PDT 2009

...DRM

ugh...i brought a book to experiment with the sony ereader (since FM
will be producing epubs soon via objavi). and...man...was that a
mistake. DRM prevented me from transferring it to my reader since for no
good reason other than I dont use windows so i cant use Adobe Digital
Editions to transfer the book to the reader

...Wine runs ADE but doesnt enable USB access so u cannot transfer
ebooks to your sony reader with ADE....so....i spent more hours than i
wish learning about the fascinating subject of DRM.

for those that ever wish to research this topic, i suggest you torrent
something like "DRM Removal Package" and read the epub ineptkey and
ineptepub Python scripts to see how it all works...

ugh

Founder FLOSS Manuals
German mobile : + 49 15 2230 54563
Email : adam at flossmanuals.net