[FM Discuss] Alternate list interfaces

Janet Swisher jmswisher at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 14:18:41 PDT 2009

How about linking to a newsgroup via Gmane? http://gmane.org/about.php
 With a name like "gmane.org.flossmanuals.discuss". That way, folks
who don't want to read the list in their mail client can read it via
the web or a newsreader. The link can be set up so that only
subscribers can post via Gmane.

(Personally, I subscribe to this list via Gmail, which handles the
threading for me. I have found that that digests reduce only the
*number* of messages one receives, not the amount of work required to
read them, because it's tedious to skip messages in a digest.)

Note that Gmane is not related to Google or Gmail, despite the
similarity of the name.

--Janet