[FM Discuss] "CC" license without "By" -- similar to public domain but has restriction.

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Thu Oct 15 13:32:36 PDT 2009

On Fri, 2009-10-16 at 09:27 +1300, Douglas Bagnall wrote:
> narendra sisodiya wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >      I am silent reader of this mailing list. I just want to ask , It
> > is possible to have CC-SA licensing for books.
>

> No.  It isn't really possible to have any free license without
> attribution, because the people you are attributing to are the ones who
> are licensing to you.  It is their name and license text that lets you
> do anything.

yes yes, copyright...it does not help you in this situation. the only
thing i can say, is that with the booki platform we are building we hope
to manage attribution technically as we do now with FLOSS Manuals - then
you dont have to keep worrying about the management of such things, it
is all done 'automagically'

adam