[FM Discuss] Class Acts Book Sprint (Sept 6-11) requests CC-BY-SA license

Holt holt at laptop.org
Wed Sep 2 19:02:32 PDT 2009

Hi Adam Hyde & All,

Coincidentally our OLPC/Sugar "Class Acts" authors have also agreed to
use the CC-BY-SA license, just like GDK's group below -- even before we
knew much about their own decision.
Can you make that change here?

    http://en.flossmanuals.net/bin/view/ClassActs/WebHome

Thanks Floss Manuals for everything as we hope to introduce a whole lot
more people to Floss Manuals in DC next week:

         http://wiki.laptop.org/go/ClassActs

Even if of course our work isn't actually a manual (!) but a much more
visceral community deployment+outreach booklet, with extremely
short/personal/photographic "sub-chapters" for entrepreneurial
teachers.  (As we're not arrogant enough to write the whole Manual on
bringing Africa into the 21st Century just yet ;)

PS We'll also be publishing many chapters as distinct case studies in
PDF, HTML, etc -- National Geographic being our illustration-intensive
role model, ideally with foldout maps/detachable wall poster/charts/etc
-- wherever genius strikes :)