[FM Discuss] Problems in the translations workflow

victor rajewski vik at engagemedia.org
Sun Sep 6 17:47:32 PDT 2009

About a month ago I asked for a translation to be set up. Nothing
happened. Last week I asked again. No replies. I know the project I'm
working with isn't the most important thing in the world, and everyone
is busy etc etc, but there seems to be a serious process issue here.
This sort of response (or lack thereof) _will_ turn off potential
contributors, and is not the way to build a community. Perhaps there
is only a small number of people with the credentials to create a new
translation, and they are all busy, well, a short reply to that effect
would be a good start. Even better would be giving more people the
power to set these things up, or having a good look at the
workflow/process that goes on here.

Flossmanuals seems like a worthy project, but I have a document
(already up on flossmanuals) and a ready-to-go translation that I need
to start directing people to. Waiting over a month for that to happen
seems a bit of a stretch, so for the time being I'm investigating
other places to put this manual (wikibooks perhaps)

Cheers,

Victor Rajewski