[FM Discuss] Flumotion section in the Theora cookbook

adam hyde adam at flossmanuals.net
Mon Sep 14 03:17:57 PDT 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 11:12 +0200, Guillaume Quintard wrote:
> Hi,
> I'd like to add a Flumotion section to the Live Streaming chapter of the
> Theora cookbook. My concern is that it seems focused on Icecast, do I
> get the wrong impression? For example, VLC is (AFAIK) able to stream
> OGG/Theora directly, without need the icecast server (which installation
> procedure isn't explained)

please do as you like!

on the issue of vlc...although it can stream without icecast, its not
really very useful like this unless its for a local network, but please
feel free to add whatever chapters you like

also, please be aware that this book was open for contributions, and is
always open to contributions. if you want something in the book then
there is no need to ask for permission, its up to you to put it there (i
posted to the flumotion list before the sprint asking for contributions
on flumotion but no one answered)

adam

> Regards,

Founder FLOSS Manuals