[FM Discuss] Identica???

dwp davidrex at northlink.com
Mon Sep 21 15:16:52 PDT 2009

Please; I am confused enough already. I have done some work on FLOSS
manual for the OLPC and used the interactive WRITE/EDIT  capability
that is available. I don't see why i need another. I am quite new to
this.

However; I found that "FLOSS manuals are incompatible with Opera
10" (get a message and a blank screen where the document should be)
which was the browser that i use. I went to Firefox 3.5 and was able
to do writing and editing. I tried SAFARI 4 and it would only give me
html, so there may be an incompatibility there too.

I like Opera because of its multi-line bookmark and visited tabs site,
the "sessions" feature which permits saving all related tabs for later
use. and the Author/User mode choice  for reading text without some of
the bizarre choices of background to print on some sites.

I followed up further by going to the Opera  web site and explaining
my problem. You can find my questions and response here.

http://my.opera.com/community/forums/topic.dml?id=226491&t=1253480859&page=

The respondent raised the possibllity that the XINHA version was out
of date.

According to Xinha's own website, they do support Opera (and the
ticket posted by the OP here is marked fixed), so my guess is that
flossmanuals are probably using an older buggy version of Xinha and
the best thing would be to contact flossmanuals and inform them. The
version on Xinha's site is 0.95, flossmanual's version is 0.931.

  You might want to look into this.

I am using an Intel MAC Mini under Leopard 10.5.8 (I'm a bit cautious
on converting to Sno Leopard (10.6.1) yet). Use Firefox for any work

Regards: David Passell