[FM Discuss] Problems in the translations workflow

Anne Gentle annegentle at justwriteclick.com
Mon Sep 7 05:59:03 PDT 2009

Hi Victor and Steve -
So sorry this has been such a trial. I think there are some difficulties in
the translation workflow as well. I will get started on the Plumi manual -
Indonesian.

It's tough when Adam travels because we all figure he's doing it and don't
want to start off a second one. So that's one difficulty with the workflow.
The second difficulty for me personally is that translation "jobs" for lack
of a better term take a long time. So if I have just 5-10 minutes at the
computer, I don't like to kick one off and leave it without being able to
send a second email that it's done. Ah, sounds like a microvolunteering job
if I ever heard of one. :)

We'll keep working on it, and I appreciate you letting us know of the
frustrations.

I'll send a second email to you, Victor, to give you the URL for the
translation.

Steve, I have to look through the archives because your request is escaping
my memory! But I'll look at it and kick it off too, then send you a note.

Anne

 *Anne Gentle*
annegentle at justwriteclick.com my blog <http://justwriteclick.com> | my
book<http://xmlpress.net/publications/conversation-community/>|