[FM Discuss] FM newspapers

Douglas Bagnall douglas at paradise.net.nz
Thu Sep 17 15:11:34 PDT 2009

David Kuehling wrote:

>> Does this 305x450 size have a name?  I'll put it in the Objavi size
>> list.
>
> Looks like 305x450 is already without margins, as berliner format is
> listed as 315x470.

Yeah, it seems newspaper printers like PDFs to fit their printable area,
not their paper, and their various machines have different margins.  So
while Objavi lists allegedly common sizes like berliner and various
tabloids, in practice nobody will ever actually use those.  Oh well.

This is good news though, because it probably means the Oamaru size that
Martin got excludes margins and gutters, so we can fit more text.  The
actual paper will probably be close to A3, which is what we call tabloid
round here.

Douglas