[FM Discuss] Book sprint at Toronto Open Source Week

Scott Nesbitt nesbitt.scott at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 07:57:30 PDT 2010

I meant to post this last week, but that week was more than a bit hectic.

Anyway, as the subject line says there's going to be a book sprint at
Toronto Open Source Week (
http://torontoopensourceweek.pbworks.com/Event-List-2010). The sprint is
scheduled for October 26 and 27. The folks organizing Toronto Open Source
Week are kindly providing a room with wifi and a projector for the event.

I talked this over with Adam before he went on vacation, and he suggested
that the sprint focus on updating the Thunderbird book. I'm not sure if he
meant Thunderbird or Firefox; I'll have to get some clarification when Adam
gets back next week.

Obviously, all the details haven't been worked out. I've been talking with
the co-ordinator of the technical writing program at a local college to get
a few students involved, and most of the sponsorship money that my company
will be putting up will be going to support the development of Booki. The
rest will be used to cover the expenses of the local participants -- food,
parking, transit, and the like.

While there's still a lot to do, I'd appreciate any suggestions or ideas.
And if you can join in remotely all the better.

More details to come.

Scott