[FM Discuss] OpenMRS Manual

Adam Monsen haircut at gmail.com
Wed Aug 11 16:44:54 PDT 2010

> We Mifos people are close to OpenMRS in other ways, so we'd like to
> help. And certainly, a Book Sprint is the way to go. This is what
> really boosted us - in quality and in completeness.

Totally! My advice:

* do the sprint!!
* follow the FLOSS Manuals Manual
* settle on clear, concise writing conventions, before the sprint
* improve writing conventions constantly during the sprint
* prepare for the sprint: have an example chapter ready and some way
to coordinate who's working on what (the FM interface should work for
this)
* ask for admin permission for your book, we found it useful during
the sprint to see what the finished product would look like (without
this, just ask on IRC and/or this mailing list, folks are kind and
will publish for you)
* stick to using the FM wiki interface for all the content (don't
allow folks to use other HTML authoring tools, especially Word!)

I would like to participate in the sprint, please let me know when it
is by emailing me directly or contacting me by privmsg on Freenode IRC
(I'm "meonkeys").