[FM Discuss] how to show off booki?

Adam Feuer adamf at pobox.com
Thu Aug 19 07:28:33 PDT 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:36 AM, adam hyde <adam at flossmanuals.net> wrote:
> I just had a very interesting chat about finding potential funding for
> FLOSS Manuals and Booki. One question that came up was - how do we show
> people Booki in action so that funders would 'get it'?

Another idea that we have had success with at Grameen Foundation's
Mifos: case studies.

These show people the results, to get their attention, then tell in
the user's or customer's words how they used the software and what
benefits they perceived. They don't show the software in action.

As a product-builder, I often want to show people how my software
works... funders often don't care about that, or don't care so much.
They care about the results. And they want to hear it from real
customers - that often has more credibility than the people building
the software.

If you want to do case studies, Grameen Foundation will be one. We got
a lot of value out of FLOSSmanuals.

-adam
--
Adam Feuer <adamf at pobox dot com>