[FM Discuss] MYOSA cover art

James Simmons nicestep at gmail.com
Thu Aug 26 07:26:57 PDT 2010

Tell Oceana I like all her art.  I was taken with the detailed drawing
she did of the XO and I think it's good that it only uses two colors.
It looks like Lulu covers work better with as few colors as possible.
If she did this illustration without the book but adding the "ear"
that got chopped it might work.  Don't worry about the author name;
FLOSS Manuals don't put the author names on the cover.

It is not important to me that the covers of the two books look alike.
 If that's something that she would prefer as the artist that's OK by
me.  If she has her own ideas about what the cover should be that's OK
too.  The book is about writing programs that will run on the XO
laptop.  Any recognizable drawing of the laptop itself would be
enough, really, with a limited number of colors.  Think Gauguin, if
Tahiti got a shipment of XO's.

James Simmons