[FM Discuss] OpenMRS

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Sun Aug 15 08:28:14 PDT 2010

you need 5-10 people in real space and a facilitator + as many as you
can get remote. Thats the ideal set up. Its quite important to have that
realspace team. You can do it all remote but its tricky...best to keep a
small unit working like crazy in one place and have the others feeding
on that energy remotely.

having a facilitator is *critical* - that person should not contribute
to content if possible (having a facilitator creating content removes
their 'neutrality' and blurs their vision - best to keep their head as
clear as possible and above the general text so they can best steer the
team to the finish line).

generally the sprints are 3-5 days. 5 days is pretty much maximum. You
can do in 2 days quite a lot but i prefer a minimum of 3.

use the time as 2-3 hours making the table of contents. NO MORE. this
forces the table of contents to be clear and not too extensive or
complex.

the rest of the time is spent writing with 1/2 a day (3 day sprint) to 1
day (5 day sprint) clean up.

adam